Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I have never really needed to keep track of many online resources during my time at OU. I have usually been able to find anything I needed on D2L and was able to print off course content to use as notes. However, recently I have had to learn how to use the bookmark tab before this course began in order to keep track of all the different medical school websites. I have a mac and for me all you have to do is click on the bookmarks button in the upper left of the screen and you can set up folders. Then all you have to do is click the image next to the back button and you can then drag the website you are on into the bookmark section and it is saved. 
              
(Screenshots taken by myself 2015)


I am not a fan of Twitter and I have never used Pinterest. However, I did just set up an account for Pinterest with the hopes that it will be useful for this class, but I will likely not use Twitter. I believe that I am able to keep track of online information relatively well. The only thing I do that hasn't been recommended is to save the sites like Blogger and UnTextbook so that I can just click the button and be brought directly to the site and not have to look for the website. 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, perfect: if you are already in the habit of putting bookmarks into folders, you are good to go! Super! The other tools like Pinterest and Twitter and Known (and even more besides that like Diigo and ScoopIt and on and on) are more about saving AND sharing with others. Like I was saying in the comment on your growth mindset post, learning together with others can often go so much faster than learning alone. Esp. for me, I'm constantly learning about new online resources, images, stories, etc., from the people I share back-and-forth with online. I'm guessing that kind of sharing goes on in the scientific and medical worlds too... but I don't know what kinds of tools they use for connecting. For story-chasers and image-collectors (like me), something like Pinterest or Twitter is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete