Sunday, August 23, 2015

Week 1 & 2 Famous Last Words

           I feel that I have been extremely productive the week before orientation week. In the week before classes started I have been able to finish two weeks worth of coursework and it has not felt like a lot of work. It is interesting to read these stories and then rewrite my favorite one into my own words. I have always loved Greek and Roman mythology, probably because I was required to take a course over it in sixth grade. 
            The thing that stuck out most to me through these readings is the emotions that the gods often feel. You would think that beings that can control the world would not succumb to lustful thoughts and feel jealousy since they will be there for all eternity, yet they always do! I feel that my best writing this week was for my week 2 assignments in which I retold the story of Phaethon and the Sun in the perspective of the horse Pyro. I am a science-based type of guy and I have not written anything fictional in a long time, but this story really helped me think outside of the box and with my imagination. I have also never written anything in the perspective of an animal, but I feel that this could be a way for me to tell stories in another context that could provide an interesting twist on classical tales.

            As far as my other classes are concerned I have not started them yet, but I certainly am nervous for tomorrow. I have seen the syllabus for my neurobiology and cell biology classes and luckily the exam dates do not overlap or fall on the same week! Now I just have to wait and see what my other courses have in store for me. All I need now is a planner to make sure I can keep it all in check.
       However, the highlight of my week was being able to attend one of my best friend's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and I had a fantastic time!
(Wedding Photo taken by friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment