Friday, September 11, 2015

Week 6: My Other Classes Growth Mindset

Here is a list of the challenges I face in my courses so far:
Neurobiology: Learning how to read synaptic responses of membranes and determine how ion channels affects ion concentrations.
(Neurobiology has Physics in it)
Cell Biology: I have to learn the importance of the ten steps of glycolysis and be able to write them in a free response.
Physics 1 & 2 Labs: I have to learn how to use Microsoft excel to make graphs. 
(Have I mentioned I hate Physics?)
Spanish Literature: I have to think of literature concepts and explain them in Spanish. 
Biology Capstone: I have to think of an innovative way that biology could save the world.
Chemistry of Beer: I just need to learn different styles of beers. 
(Just studying for tests next week)

Honestly, all of my science classes intertwine very heavily and anything that I learn in one class will undoubtedly be used in another of my classes. For example, we learned about fermentation in my cell biology course today and of course this is essential in my chemistry of beer class. As far as my Spanish literature class, I don't see any way that this can be applied to any of my science courses, but it could be useful for this class!


(Just doing Mythology)



1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH, Justin: that Biology Capstone sounds absolutely incredible! One of my mottoes about growth mindset is that "the best projects are open-ended"... and that Capstone challenge sounds like a great open-ended challenge. Have you started to formulate an idea for that one...? As you can see, I just get around to the blogs pretty randomly, but I really like seeing the growth mindset posts, so maybe at some point later in the semester you can write more about this Capstone experience... because I am so curious what you come up with that will save the world! Plus, we need all the help we can get!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete