Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 4: Famous Last Words

This week I read both the Egyptian and Persian tales. The Egyptian tales were extremely interesting, but the Persian tales often had me confused. There was one story where I did not even know what the story really was talking about called The City of Nothing-In-The-World. There was something about a little girl who scraped her knee and in the end she was in a town inside of a watermelon looking for a knife.

As far as my other classes are concerned it has been an interesting two weeks. Neurobiology is definitely something I have to work with constantly. I feel like cell biology has been review so far, which is fantastic. My beer class is fantastic and I am learning so many interesting things about beer! My physics labs are just a lot of busy work, and Spanish literature is using all kinds of funky words that even my fluent friend is confused by. All in all it's going well. Every Monday through Wednesday, I am on campus from 8:30am until 9:00pm which is very tiring. Tons of meetings, work, and homework keeps me in a state of constant motion. However, I can honestly say that I prefer to have things to do than to be sitting around and doing nothing. I like to feel productive.

Announcements:

This Wednesday the Hispanic American Student Association is having their first general meeting Wednesday, September 9. This is a cookout with free hamburgers and hotdogs for all people who attend and we will also be having a water balloon fight, so dress accordingly. We also want to extend an invitation to every student interested in being a part to join. You do not have to be Hispanic to be a part of this great organization. We offer many opportunities to be active on campus, such as our Latino Flavor event in which we bring different aspects of Latino culture to OU like food, dance, and music!

Hope to see you there!

(Created by HASA OU)


No comments:

Post a Comment