Saturday, September 26, 2015

Reading Plan

Week 9: I will be reading Hero Tales from the Native American section. I believe that it would be great to learn about Native American heroes. I believe that it is important to ensure that Native American belief's are kept alive.

Week 10: I will be reading Myths of the Cherokee. I chose this section because I live in the Great Plains and would like to learn folklore about the area in which I live.

Week 11: I will be reading Beowulf and I previously read Grendel. I would like to read it from the other perspective and I know it will be a great read.

Week 12: I will read Through the Looking-Glass, because I am interested in reading some of the classic tales. I have never read Humpty Dumpty or Tweedledee and Tweedledum, and I look forward to learning about the entire story.

Week 13: I will be reading the Brothers Grimm (Crane). I like the movie Into the Woods which is based upon the Brothers Grimm books for princesses, and I want to read the original Rapunzel. I think it would be great to rewrite some of these stories.


Week 14: I will read Dante's Inferno. I chose this because I visited Italy and while in Florence I saw a gallery that contained stone tablets with the different levels of Dante's hell carved into it. I believe this will help me to interpret what I saw with a much deeper understanding.

(Best way to prepare for mythology!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, Justin - one of the reasons it's useful is that some people might be finishing up early, in which case you might want to skip ahead in the reading assignments so you don't miss out on a future reading if it is one you were really excited to do. I should probably explain that in the instructions now that I think about it! So keep an eye on your points, and if you realize you are getting close to finishing and reading, say, Dante, is something you really wanted to do, skip ahead to that week so that you don't miss out on Dante just because it came later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized how far ahead you are in this class. That is crazy to me! I find it hard to even get something for this week done! When I started this class I had planned to stay ahead of the game, but then life hit me and I just did not have time. I have watched myself every week wait till the exact day to post and it is really stressful to do that to myself everyday. Being on week 9 already is awesome keep it up!

    ReplyDelete