Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 9: Final Famous Last Words

I have completed all of the assignments for this class and it has been a great time. I feel that I have been able to learn different ways to express myself through my writing and I learned so much about the different types of mythology across the world. I feel that I can now go and have interesting facts of knowledge that relates to ancient myths. I really liked being able to see all of the creativity from other students in this class. I feel like this class has done a fantastic job in allowing all of us to express ourselves in our own way and our grades weren't based on a biased opinion in what should have been the "right" way to tell a story.


(Neurobiology at 1am)

As far as my other classes are going it has been interesting. I have my neurobiology test this week on Tuesday, and next week I have a Spanish literature and cell biology exam on Tuesday and Thursday. In other words I have the most exciting and nerve-wracking two weeks of my life now. This Thursday I have my first medical school interview with OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and next week I have an interview with Rocky Vista College of Osteopathic Medicine.

This weekend was great. I was able to volunteer with the first Mr. Hispanic OU at his Vive Mas 5K focused on promoting preventative medicine in Hispanic populations. By the way, that white blog is my brother in the morning as we drove to volunteering.

(Volunteer shenanigans)

As for what is happening on campus this weekend. I would like to invite everyone to this year's Day of the Dead festival. It will be on Sunday, November 4 from 4-10:30pm and it is free entry! There will be rides, food, and some great entertainment. Hopefully you will come out and experience a wonderful part of the Hispanic culture.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Justin! Congrats on finishing up the class so early That must be awesome.=]

    I hope you did well on the neuro exam and everything else you had this week. It sounds so hectic! I also hope the med school interviews went well.

    I really wish I could have went to the Day of the Dead festival. It looks like a great time and a wonderful experience.

    I look forward to checking out some of your stories. I can't believe weve been in the same class all year and I haven't seen you! I hope you had a great weekend and I see you in neuro on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Justin, Congrats on finishing all the assignments! I am very jealous because I could have been doing the same as you but I didn’t. For that mad respect to you man! So I also got to volunteer at the 5k and it was nice seeing you there! Also congrats on your Acceptance to Rocky Vista! You deserve it man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin, Congrats on finishing all the assignments! I am very jealous because I could have been doing the same as you but I didn’t. For that mad respect to you man! So I also got to volunteer at the 5k and it was nice seeing you there! Also congrats on your Acceptance to Rocky Vista! You deserve it man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin,
    Congratulations on finishing this class so early! I am jealous. I wish that I had your awesome organizational skills to stay on top of things perhaps I could have finished really early too. It is okay though I am still learning and do enjoy this class. This week we had to go back to people that inspired us in this class and you were definitely an immediate thought. Your work was always "on point". Thank you for being a great example. Lastly, congratulations on Medical School!

    ReplyDelete